Read Physics blog www.physicsteacher.in
Question bank Set 1
1) What is the value of coefficient of static friction of an inclined plain where a mass of 10 kg is tending to slip downwards when the angle of inclination is made 45 degree?
2) Can we have the value of mu (coeff of friction) more than one?
3)Can you deduce the first law of Newtonian motion from the 2nd law?
4) What is equilibrium of a system?
5) A 10 kg iron block is kept on a horizontal table. It is pulled with a rope which is at 30 degree with the horizontal floor. If coeff of friction is 0.5 then what is the minimum force required along the rope to pull the block?
6) Give one example of negative work.
7) Write and derive the work energy theorem.
8) Two blocks of 4 kg and 5 kg are in contact on a frictionless table. If a force of 3 N is applied on 2 kg block, then what will be the force of contact between the 2 blocks?
9) An object of mass M kg moving with a velocity of 10 m/s is stopped in 2 secs by applying a force against its motion.What is the magnitude of the force?
10) Pulling a box or Pushing it on the horizontal floor. Which one is easier and why (show with FBD / Vector)
11) A stone is falling freely from rest and the total distance covered by it in the last second of its motion equals the distance covered by it in the first 3 seconds of its motion. How long does the stone remain in air?
12) Velocity of an object is V1=4 m/s towards N and velocity of a different object is V2= 3 m/s towards West. Determine V1-V2.
13) A force of 100 N makes an angle of theta with the X axis and has a scalar Y component of 30 N.
Find both the scalar X component of the force and angle theta.
14) A 50 kg bucket is being lifted by a rope. The rope will not break if the tension is 525 N or less. The bucket started at rest and after being lifted 3 meter , its moving at 3 m/s. If the acceleration is constant, is the rope in danger of breaking?
15) A circular track of radius 100 m is banked at an angle of 30°. If the coefficient of friction between the wheels of a car and the road is 0.5, then
what is the (i) optimum speed of the car to avoid wear and tear on its tires,
and (ii) maximum permissible speed to avoid slipping?